Eye On Water
EyeOnWater is an easy way to monitor your household and irrigation water consumption. This program uses the same meters and communication devices that we use here at Town Hall to monitor usage and send bills. Here’s how you can sign up:
- Visit https://eyeonwater.com/signup in your browser OR visit this page for links to download the app.
- Enter your ZIP code (76262) & choose Westlake.
- Enter your billing account number using all digits (including zeroes) and no dashes. This number is located on your bill, in the top right-hand corner. As an example, if your account number is 001-0001234-001, you would enter 0010001234001
- Fill out the form with your name, email address, and password. Make sure to check the “Terms of Service” box before clicking Next.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Beacon. This might take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Verify your email address by clicking on the link. Once completed you may sign in using your email and password.
If you encounter a problem, you can visit their Help Page or contact us here at Town Hall.
By using EyeOnWater, you will be able to monitor trends, see the difference between your domestic & irrigation usage, and set leak alerts.
How Does It Work?
In 2015, the Town of Westlake upgraded our water meters from an electronic “drive-by” system to a cellular system. These smart meters are equipped with a communications device (called an endpoint) that uses the same technology as our cell phones. These endpoints collect and store each meter’s reading every hour. Once a day, the endpoints communicate the hourly readings to the main server. Once those readings reach the server, you will be able to see your usage on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. It’s a great tool that helps us all save water.
For more water conservation information & helpful tips, visit Water is Awesome by clicking here:
- Eye on Water keeps you informed about your water use 24/7.
- Leak notification in your home or business.
- Control of water use translates into lower costs.
- Verify that your irrigation system and pool equipment are operating correctly.
A leak notification is triggered when a certain level of usage is maintained every hour for 24 hours. You will be able to set that notification level within your Eye on Water account. The account holder is responsible for monitoring for leaks. The Town of Westlake cannot recommend plumbers or leak detection companies.
For questions or help, please contact the Public Works Department at 817-490-5732 or by email at email@example.com.