Miscellaneous Permits

Work Requiring a Permit

The following is a list of miscellaneous projects that require permits for work in the Town of Westlake:

  • Pools / Spas
  • Mechanical
  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Irrigation
  • Grading
  • Roofs
  • Fences / Retaining Walls
  • Signs
  • Outdoor Lighting
  • Construction Trailers
  • Solar Panels 
  • Water Wells

Permit Portal

Applicants or contractors must pull permits online through the Town of Westlake’s MyGov portal. 

Please ensure the you are intending to perform work in the Town of Westlake near Fort Worth and not Westlake Hills near Austin

Use any of the links below to get started:

Permit Requirements

Pool Permits

  • Approval letter from respective subdivision’s ACC (Architectural Control Committee) / HOA 
  • Site plan that shows the pool and all surrounding buildings
  • Dimension from water’s edge to each building
  • All property lines must be shown
  • All easements must be shown
  • Plans require release from Tri-County
  • See Pool Permit Guidelines for more information

Irrigation Permits

  • Plans should show the following:
    • Irrigation system layout
    • Connection to public water supply
    • Location of backflow prevention devices
    • Type of backflow device to be installed
  • Backflow tests must be performed by a registered, TCEQ licensed assembly tester.
  • An irrigation permits complete once a backflow test is received and the Final Inspection/Customer Service Inspection has been passed.

Single Trade Permits (MEPs)

  • Site plan that shows location of work to be performed may be requested depending on the size and scope of the project
  • See outdoor lighting requirements here
  • Generators may be requested as electrical permit with the plumbing contractor validating under the same permit instead of pulling a separate permit for plumbing work. Generator Safety Tips

Sign Permits

  • See signage requirements here

Driveway/Approach Permits

  • Dimensional Control Plan
  • Paving Plans
  • Grading Plans
  • Drainage Plans
  • NCTCOG/Westlake Driveway Details
  • Horizontal/Vertical Control

Roof Permits

  • Site plans of location
  • Roofing material
  • HOA approval (an official letter is required)

Fences / Retaining Wall Permits

  • Site plan show location and scope of work
  • Dimension, height, and type of material
  • Retaining Walls over 4 feet require plans to be stamped by a professional engineer
  • HOA approval (an official letter is required)

Water Well Permits

  • Site plan that shows location of the well and all surrounding buildings
  • Landscape Plan showing screening of the well from ROW
  • HOA approval (an official letter is required)
  1. Inspection Line

    Phone: 817-490-5718

  2. Dottie Samaniego

    Planning & Development Coordinator
    Phone: 817-490-5745

  3. Pat Cooke

    Chief Building Official
    Phone: 817-490-5726


Mobile Food Units / Trucks / Vendors

  • Food is regulated by Chapter 46 Article III
  • Vendors are responsible for HOA or POA approval
  • 2018 IFGC will be applied to trucks
  • Tarrant/Denton County Health Department regulations apply
  • A vendor may not be on a property for more than two hours