Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Stay up to date with all of the Town of Westlake’s communications regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to residents, Westlake Academy families and staff, corporate partners, and stakeholders.
Town staff is following the guidance and recommendations of The Centers for Disease Control, state, and local health agencies. We are monitoring the situation daily and will continue to work together in your best interest. For the latest updates, you’re encouraged to visit the CDC website for more information and travel guidance regarding the Coronavirus as well as local, state, and federal agency websites found below.
We continue to be in communication with our local partners and stand ready to take all appropriate measures. As a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Observe social distancing recommendations: At least 6-feet from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have any questions at all, please contact the Tarrant County COVID-19 hotline at (817) 248-6299.
Mayor Wheat’s Message to the Community (3-18)
Westlake Coronavirus News/Announcements
- March 31st UPDATE (Social Distancing & School Closure Dates Extended)
- March 29th UPDATE (Westlake Academy Closure - 2nd Extension)
- March 26th UPDATE (Trash, Recycling, and Clogged Pipes)
- March 25th UPDATE (2nd confirmed Westlake Case)
- March 25th UPDATE (Westlake’s First Confirmed Coronavirus Case)
- March 24th UPDATE (Tarrant County Stay at Home Order Issued)
- March 23rd UPDATE (Westlake Academy Distance Learning Plan)
- March 23rd UPDATE (Parks/Trails & Social Distancing)
- March 21st UPDATE (Tarrant County Expands Restrictions)
- March 20th UPDATE (Westlake Academy Update on Coronavirus)
- March 19th UPDATE (Gov. Abbott Temporarily Closes Schools, Issues Restrictions)
- March 19th UPDATE (Denton County Business Restrictions)
- March 19th UPDATE (Westlake Services Continue)
- March 19th UPDATE (Local Police/Fire/Animal Impact)
- March 19th UPDATE (Tarrant County Business Restrictions)
- March 18th UPDATE (Mayor Wheat’s Message)
- March 17th UPDATE (Superintendent’s Message)
- March 16th UPDATE (Town Hall Closed)
- March 16th UPDATE (Court Closed)
- March 13th UPDATE (Westlake Academy Closed)
- March 13th UPDATE (Declaration of Disaster)
- March 13th UPDATE (Tarrant County Update)
- March 11th UPDATE (Westlake Prepares)
- February 28th UPDATE (Health Alert Issued)
More Coronavirus Resources/Links
- Tracking Confirmed Westlake Cases
- Social Distancing: Parks & Trails
- Westlake Business Status
- Tarrant County Public Health
- Denton County Health Department
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Latest Texas News: Coronavirus
- Small Business Help
- Mental Health Hotlines
- Texas Cases County by County Map
- Texas Education Agency
- Coronavirus FAQs
- World Health Organization
- US Cases State by State Map
- Census Impact from Coronavirus
- Workplace Safety/Rights
- International Baccalaureate Organization
- Department of Education