Per the Town of Westlake's Code of Ordinance, Chapter 58 “Door-to-Door Solicitation and Handbill Distribution, Itinerant Merchants and Transient Vendors”, individuals must obtain a solicitor permit to conduct such activities. Solicitor permits are processed and issued by the Westlake Planning & Development Department. All solicitors undergo a criminal background check before their permit is approved.
A solicitor permit must be completed by each company or entity involved in soliciting or handbill distribution. A separate solicitor permit shall be required for every person involved in soliciting or handbill distribution. Permits are valid for the current calendar year. All permit fees are non-refundable.
Complete a solicitors permit and return in person with a photo ID and other required documents as indicated in the application.
Solicitor Permit - $50 a year per person (valid only for the calendar year in which it is issued), $20 for each additional agent
The following groups of organizations are exempt from needing to obtain a permit. Please keep in mind, these organizations still need to abide by the Town’s solicitation ordinance regulations.
- Religious groups
- Recognized non-profit organizations
- Government employees posting code violations, water restrictions, utility outages, burn bans, special event impacts, security issues, etc.
- Solicitation activities are not allowed on Sundays or any federally designated holidays
- Solicitation activities are not allowed before 9 a.m. and must end by dusk
- Solicitation activities are not allowed on public property, public rights-of-way (roadside sales), at any location on the Do-Not Solicit List or with a “NO SOLICITORS”, “NO TRESPASSING”, “NO ADVERTISEMENTS”,“NO HANDBILLS,” or any other similar notice displayed. If a resident verbally states that a solicitation is unwelcome, the solicitor must vacate the premises immediately.
- A person conducting solicitation activities in Westlake must always have their solicitor permit visible.
- The Town of Westlake may revoke a permit if it is determined that it was issued in error, incorrect information was supplied, or when it is determined that an ordinance or regulation has been violated.
Do-Not Solicit List
A homeowner may request their address be added to the Do-Not Solicit List by filling out the online form. Your information will be submitted to the Westlake Planning & Development Department and added to the Do-Not Solicit List. If you would like to be removed from the Do-No Solicit List, email us.
View the Do-Not Solicit List (updated April 10, 2023)
Add your address to the Do-Not Solicit List
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Westlake Planning & Development Department at 817-430-0941 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)